Crab Cakes make a great appetizer before your seafood main attraction or as an a la carte snack. In this easy recipe from @millennialnonna, these cakes are infused with the lemon pepper zest of our Bowtie Seasoning Blend, then fried in the savory blend of horseradish, herbs, and Worcestershire of our Prime Butter for that special Vegas touch.
These crunchy and delicious cakes are simple to make and sure to impress the guests at your next home gathering.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty crab cakes for yourself:
- 1 lb lump crab
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Bowtie Seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon Prime Butter (for frying)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Tartar sauce (optional)
- Using a fork, thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large bowl except for oil, butter, and breadcrumbs.
- Gradually mix in the breadcrumbs and fold until distributed evenly.
- Scoop the mixture out of the bowl and form into 8 rounds, placing on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil and butter to a large skillet and fry the rounds until golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm with tartar sauce and fresh lemon wedges.