Try these super simple and delicious steak, veggie, and cheesy potato (and don’t forget the herb garlic butter) foil packets on your grill from Gimme Delicious! It’s a one meal deal all wrapped up in foil, keeping everything extremely stress and mess free.
The perfect summertime meal on the grill, it’s fantastic for when you want to feed a crowd but are crunched on time.
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak, or your preferred cut of steak (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 pound potatoes (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced or crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper is awesome)
- Make sure your steaks are seasoned to a tee beforehand (see our steak seasoning checklist so they’re prepared beforehand).
- Chop the potatoes, veggies, and steaks. (If you like your steak well done, use raw potatoes and chop them up into small 1 inch pieces. However, if you like your steak medium, chop the potatoes into small 1 inch pieces, place the potatoes in a microwave-safe dish, and cook them in the microwave on high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until they’re almost cooked.
- Combine the potatoes, veggies, melted butter (or olive oil), and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Divide the steak and potato/veggie mix between four 12x12 inch sheets of foil, and then wrap the foil tightly around the contents to form your packets.
- Grill the packets over high heat for about 10 minutes on each side, or until the steak and potatoes are cooked (see our steak doneness guide). If you want a char on your steak, you can open up the packets at the end and cook them directly on the grill for a few minutes.
- If you want to add cheese to the packets to make them melty, gooey, and amazing, carefully open the foil packets during the last 3-5 minutes on the grill and sprinkle the cheese on them then.
Dig in and enjoy your delicious cheesy steak packets!
If you feel like homemade garlic bread would be the perfect addition, especially with all of the extra time you’ll have when making these simple and yet glorious steak packets, here is our homemade garlic bread recipe.