French Toast is one of those scrumptious dishes that is so good you may want it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner year-round (or maybe all three!).
There are many ways to customize your French Toast, and we’re taking ours to the next level by pairing the rich flavor of Challah bread with our decadent Sweet Holiday Butter for a deliciously festive take. Treat your overnight guests to an amazing breakfast or brunch with this easy recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to put the Steer’s spin on this famous breakfast staple:
- 1 loaf of fresh baked Challah bread
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Holiday Butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Slice Challah bread into 1-inch slices.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Use tongs to dip each slice in the mixture, ensuring each piece soaks up the mixture thoroughly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Sweet Holiday Butter to a skillet and swirl to coat pan.
- Add slices to pan in batches and cook over medium heat until browned, usually 2 – 3 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, adding more butter if needed.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Sweet Holiday Butter between each slice and topped with your favorite syrup, fruit, or jam and powdered sugar.
Photo credit: Kristin Hillery