Another way to enjoy your juicy steak leftovers is by creating a delectable steak and cheese sub sandwich for an over the top lunch experience. These sammies also make a great platter for the game day crowd.
We're giving our leftovers a new life with a touch of Sergio's Seasoning, some melty provolone cheese, and a skillet-toasted baguette. For an extra dose of flavor, you can convert this sub into a French Dip with some warm Au Jus for dipping!
Here's all you'll need to make this quick and easy sammy for yourself:
- Leftover steak
- Fresh baguette or bread of your choice, sliced in half
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Sergio's Seasoning (to taste)
- Au Jus sauce (optional)
- Slice the leftover steak into strips and sprinkle with Sergio's Seasoning.
- Warm in a skillet, then set aside. Be sure not to overcook to avoid drying out the steak.
- In the same skillet, toast the inside of the bread for about 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Layer the steak and cheese onto the bread open-face style, then stick under the broiler just until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite veggie toppings or warm Au Jus sauce for an added flavor kick!
Photo credit: Sigmund