A baked potato is the perfect complement to a juicy steak or a savory meat entrée, and can be easily elevated with a variety of flavors and toppings.
In this tasty recipe from @millennialnonna, a basic baked potato is brought up to a decadent level with a tangy tomato garlic topping featuring our steakhouse's infamous Maitre d’ Butter for an unforgettable flavor experience.
This easy upgrade is sure to win over the crowd at your next gathering... just be sure to set some aside for your leftovers!
Here's what you’ll need to make a new favorite to serve at your table:
- 4 tablespoons Maitre d’ Butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh chives
- 6 potatoes
- Sergio's Seasoning, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Clean potatoes and poke a few holes for ventilation.
- Lightly coat skins with extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil and sprinkle with Sergio’s Seasoning.
- For fluffy insides, bake small potatoes for 1 hour. For larger potatoes, bake for 1.5 hours.
- Add the Maitre d’ Butter, tomato paste, and parmesan to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Once the potatoes are cooked to your liking, let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut down each potato vertically, leaving the skin intact, and use a fork to fluff up the potato flesh.
- Top with a spoonful of tomato butter, more parmesan, crushed red pepper, and fresh chives.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!