Summer is the perfect time to enjoy light and refreshing salads that showcase the vibrant flavors of seasonal produce. This Sautéed Corn & Tomato Summer Salad recipe by one of our Golden Steer chefs offers a delightful combination of feta, cilantro, and sautéed vegetables that is elevated with the distinctive flavors of our house made Maitre d’ Butter and Bowtie Seasoning for an unforgettable taste.
Packed with colors, textures, and a burst of flavors, this salad is an excellent choice for picnics, barbecues, or a quick weeknight meal.
Here's what you’ll need to create a salad that celebrates the best of summer:
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Bowtie Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Maitre d’ Butter
- 4 cups arugula
- Red wine vinegar, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh Cilantro leaves, to taste
- Pickled red onions (optional)
- Corn bread croutons, to taste
- Sergio’s Seasoning, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Add the corn cobs and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the kernels are tender. Drain and let the corn cool.
- Once cooled, cut the kernels off the cob and set aside. In a medium sauté pan, sear the corn with a little blended oil until it gets some color and starts to pop.
- Once the corn is fully cooked, add in the Bowtie Seasoning and Maitre d’ Butter.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, add Sergio’s Seasoning to taste, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer contents to bowl and set aside to cool down.
- Next, preheat your oven to 325°F. Break the corn bread into small pieces and season with Bowtie Seasoning (to taste), then toast for 20 minutes.
- While the corn bread is toasting, evenly divide the arugula among 4 salad bowls. Sprinkle with olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste and a pinch of Sergio’s Seasoning.
- Add the cooled corn and tomato mixture to each bowl, then top with crumble feta cheese, cilantro, pickled red onions and crispy corn bread croutons.