The classic grilled cheese sandwich is a beloved lunch staple that is both satisfying and easy to make. The best part is that you can customize it to your liking depending on your culinary mood.
In this mouthwatering recipe from Golden Steer's Chef Andrea, the classic grilled cheese sandwich is elevated with a savory combination of gooey, melted Gruyère cheese, golden sourdough bread, and the Steakhouse-inspired French Onion flavor of our French Cuffs Seasoning blend.
Whether you're looking for a midday indulgence or an accompaniment for your favorite soup, this sandwich is sure to please.
Here's how to give this classic a new spin:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon of French Cuffs Seasoning
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly (optional)
- 4 slices of Gruyère cheese
- Melt half of the butter in a sauté pan or flat skillet and toast one side of the bread slices until lightly golden.
- Melt the rest of the butter and toast the other side of the bread until golden.
- Remove both slices from heat and place on a baking sheet for assembly.
- Sprinkle the French Cuffs Seasoning over one slice of bread evenly.
- Top with two thin tomato slices (optional), then 4 slices of Gruyère cheese.
- Close the sandwich and place under your oven's broiler for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!