Are you looking for a creative and tasty way to enjoy asparagus? Look no further! This recipe from Golden Steer’s Chef Andrea couples the rich and savory French onion soup-inspired flavor of our French Cuffs seasoning blend with the freshness of roasted asparagus for an unforgettable dish.
The combination of savory and fresh elements makes it a versatile choice for both casual lunches and elegant dinners, and pairs well with your favorite steak. Give this recipe a try, and you'll have a new favorite side that captures the essence of a classic French onion soup in a delightful (and healthier) format. Bon appétit!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons of French Cuffs Seasoning
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon zest (to taste)
- Sergio’s Seasoning (to taste)
- Hand full of fresh dill
- Hand full of fresh basil
- Hand full of fresh chives
- Pistachios or walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Wash the asparagus spears and trim the tough ends. If you gently bend the asparagus near the bottom, it will naturally snap at the point where it becomes tender. Discard the tough ends.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender yet still slightly crisp. The roasting time may vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
- While the asparagus is roasting, mix together the vinaigrette ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over roasted asparagus while still warm and garnish with pistachios or walnuts for an extra crunch.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!