When it comes to getting your greens in and sprucing them up so that you hardly notice they’re your greens, here are two awesome and easy grilled asparagus recipes with our Maitre d’ Butter, which is our house made garlic butter that consists of dozens of garlic cloves, lemon, cow's milk butter, and seasoning.
This first recipe is from Dinner At The Zoo - a delicious asparagus in foil recipe that's mess-free. This recipe leaves you with delicious, fresh grilled (or cooked in the oven, if you prefer) asparagus in foil packets filled with buttery and garlicky wonderfulness. Throw these packets on the grill for a quick and delicious side (veggies on the grill don’t get easier than this).
Asparagus Grilled in Foil Packets Recipe:
- 1 pound asparagus stalks
- 8 teaspoons (or pats) Maitre d’ Butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, or preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the asparagus.
- Coat 4 large squares of foil with cooking spray.
- Divide the asparagus stalks evenly among the squares of foil.
- In each foil packet, place 2 teaspoons (or pats) of the Maitre d’Butter.
- Fold the foil over the asparagus, and completely seal all the sides.
- Grill the packet for 15 minutes, and flip it halfway through (or bake it in the oven for 15 minutes).
- Once done, gently open the packets and stir the contents to make sure all the asparagus is coated with the Maitre d’Butter.
- Sprinkle them with parsley before serving them, and, if you so desire, serve them with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
This second recipe is a quick and yet mouth-watering one that we’ve thrown together, cooked straight on the grill without any seasoning or fat. Then, once finished on the grill, we season it with our Maitre d’ Butter, ensuring that we don’t lose any delicious garlic butter on the grill. This provides the asparagus with a nice toasty char.
Asparagus Directly on the Grill Recipe:
- 1 pound asparagus stalks (trimmed)
- Maitre d’ Butter (about 3 pats worth)
- Preheat the grill to high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Trim the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus on the hottest section of the grill.
- Close the grill cover and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the first side is charred.
- Roll the asparagus 90 degrees.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes again, or until that side is charred.
- Roll the asparagus 90 degrees again, and proceed to let it cook for 3-4 minutes again, or until charred.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl with 3 pats of butter, and toss it to coat it. Enjoy!
For another supremely easy and delicious recipe for the grill to go with your Maitre d’ Butter asparagus, checkout how to grill a tomahawk steak - one of the best grilled steaks you will have in your life.
Photo credit: Aphiwat Chuangchoem