For all of the cheese and steak lovers out there, we’ve found a marvelous recipe from The Spruce Eats for a filet mignon with gorgonzola. The gorgonzola adds a nice salty bite to your steak, and it’s easy to make and even easier to enjoy. It’s starting to warm up - here’s the perfect recipe to bust out the grill!
- 2 filet mignon, about 1 and 1/2 inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat your grill on high heat.
- Take your salt, black pepper, and garlic powder, and then combine them in a bowl.
- Then, after brushing your steaks with olive oil on all sides, season all sides with the seasoning rub.
- After placing them on the grill, cook them 5 minutes on each side, or to your desired level of doneness. See our steak doneness chart.
- Once they are done cooking, remove them from the grill and right away top them with 2 tablespoons of crumbled gorgonzola cheese per steak.
You now have delicious steaks, with cheese on top of them that’s soft and slightly melted from the heat of the steaks. You’ve just created a delicious and simple meal, without breaking a sweat in the kitchen.
To really top these beauties off, try pairing them with bacon wrapped asparagus bundles.
Photo credit: Chad Montano