If you’re looking for a simple yet snazzy side to add to your Easter dinner to give it a little oomph, this recipe is for you!
Try these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles to get in your greens under the guise of bacon goodness. Quick and easy, this recipe is great for serving for a large gathering. We found this baby at the Food Network, and swapped the pepper for Sergio's Seasoning for our own spin.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds asparagus spears
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pinch of Sergio's Seasoning
- 4 slices center cut bacon or pancetta
- Chopped chives or scallions, optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, if using it.
- Trim the asparagus spears to 4-5 inches long tips.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with extra-virgin olive oil and season them with Sergio's Seasoning.
- Divide the asparagus tips into four groups, and then gather each group and bundle them, securing together by wrapping them with a slice of bacon.
For the oven: place the bundles on a slotted broiler pan, and bake them for 12 minutes.
For the grill: place the bundles on a hot grill, cover, and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the asparagus bundles are tender.