Family recipes are an important part of our shared heritage and traditions. By collecting, organizing, and preserving these recipes, we can ensure they are passed down to future generations. The next time you prepare a family recipe, take a moment to savor the memories and appreciate the legacy that has been passed down to you.
In honor of Mother’s Day, @millennialnonna has shared her own take on a longstanding Sunday Sauce staple – Roasted Garlic Herb Butter Bread, enhanced by our Table 40 Italian Seasoning blend. Enjoy this delectable and fragrant bread with your next pasta dinner, or as a tasty steak accompaniment.
Here’s how you can make this delightful loaf for your next family gathering:
- 1 loaf Semolina bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Table 40 Seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons Sergio’s Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat to 400°F.
- Cut tops of garlic off, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wrap tightly in foil and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- Add butter, garlic, seasonings, parsley, and parmesan to a bowl, then mash garlic and butter until well mixed. For a little heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Cut bread lengthwise and spread butter mixture evenly over bread faces.
- Top with more parmesan cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.