There are few comfort foods like chicken pot pie, and this easy to make dish is sure to make your foodie heart and soul rejoice. We're bringing the taste of the Steer to this classic recipe with the savory Italian flavors of our whole herb Table 40 Seasoning for a little bit of extra flair!
This mini pie recipe is easy to scale up or down for your next gathering or a quiet winter dinner at home, and you can always freeze the leftovers. Customize it with your choice of veggies and let the warm comfort take over!
Here’s what you'll need to make this scrumptious little dish for yourself:
- 1 cup onion, chopped or diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Table 40 Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 cup broccoli or peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Puff Pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- Fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook the bacon slices in a large skillet and set aside. Do not drain the grease.
- Add the butter to the bacon grease and heat until foamy.
- Stir in carrots, onions, and garlic; sauté on medium-high heat until onions are browned.
- Add flour, cream, and chicken broth to pan and mix well with vegetables. Bring to boil, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Stir in chicken, bacon, broccoli/peas, and Table 40 seasoning and cook until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Use small ramekins to cut circles into pastry dough.
- Spoon chicken mixture into ramekins and cover with pastry dough rounds.
- Baste with a light coating of egg and top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crusts are golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Photo credit: Jessica Kantak Bailey