Matzoh Ball Soup is a delicious comfort food traditionally served for Hanukkah, and this year, we’re bringing the taste of the Steer to the table with our house made butter and seasoning.
This easy recipe incorporates ready-to-use chicken broth and Matzoh Ball mix to save you time without skimping on flavor. We start by sautéing the veggies in our Maitre d’ Butter and Table 40 Seasoning for an extra flavor boost, then add a little dash of Table 40 Seasoning to the Matzoh Ball dough for the finale.
Here’s how to put a new spin on a time-honored holiday soup tradition:
- 1 package of Matzoh Ball mix
- 2 cups onion, chopped or diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped or diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or diced
- 1 tablespoon Maitre d’ Butter
- 1 tablespoon Table 40 Seasoning (to taste)
- 8 cups prepared chicken broth
- 1 package of egg noodles
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh dill (for garnish)
- Add a heaping tablespoon of Maitre d’ Butter to a saucepan on medium-low heat and allow to melt.
- Stir in onion, celery, and carrots and season with Table 40 Seasoning to taste.
- Sauté until translucent, stirring occasionally - about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare egg noodles separately according to package cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Matzoh Ball mix according to package instructions using the eggs and vegetable oil as indicated, adding a pinch of Table 40 Seasoning. Form the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Bring chicken broth, cooked pasta, and vegetables to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Drop in Matzoh dough balls and cover. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes without removing the lid, or until balls are fluffy.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve. Enjoy!
Photo credit: JÉSHOOTS