This recipe is for you if you like the taste of slow-cooked tomatoes with a medley of herbs and spices. An excellent side dish to have in your arsenal, stewed tomato pasta is quick, inexpensive, and great for picky eaters.
You can serve this dish with any main course, such as roasted chicken or beef stroganoff. It’s also fantastic for using up those ripe tomatoes from your garden!
This dish is simple and only requires a few ingredients. That’s why choosing high-quality, organic ingredients is important for the best flavor and nutrition.
The recipe yields about 10 servings, so you can serve it to a crowd or have leftovers for your family. You can also adapt this recipe to make a large batch to freeze for later use.
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Table 40
- 12 ounces spaghetti pasta
- Combine the tomatoes, broth, oil, and Table 40 in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta, reduce the heat, and simmer for 16 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately with your main course.