Our holiday feast isn't complete without a butter board, and this year, we bringing sweet and spicy to the table. We used our pecan and apple-flavored Sweet Holiday Butter to build the board, and elevated it with a little spiciness from some red pepper flakes.
Creating this simple and surprising appetizer for your holiday gathering is quick and easy.
Here's what you'll need to satisfy those grazing guests:
- 1 jar of Sweet Holiday Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons crushed Walnuts
- Sprig of fresh Thyme
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- Loaf of bread or crackers
- Rinse and dry your cutting board or plate for this recipe.
- Take a butter knife and evenly spread your Sweet Holiday Butter over the board in knife-sized rows.
- Evenly sprinkle the walnuts, red pepper flakes, and thyme across the board.
- Drizzle with date syrup.
- Enjoy with fresh challah bread, sweet buns, or crackers of your choice.
Photo credit: Alice Pasqual