You know what they say – an apple a day! These stuffed apples make the perfect holiday dessert, and are easy to make in bulk.
To give this sweet treat the Golden Steer treatment, we sautéed the apples in our Sweet Holiday Butter for that festive and nutty flavor. Serve these delicious delights at your next holiday gathering and wow your guests.
Here’s what you’ll need to create these yummy stuffed apples for yourself:
- 2 fresh apples
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Holiday Butter
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice off the top of the apple and hollow out using an ice cream scoop or melon baller.
- Remove the core and top of the other apple and slice into small pieces.
- Add Sweet Holiday Butter to a skillet over medium heat and melt.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon, then add apple pieces.
- Cook for 6 – 7 minutes until tender, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spoon cooked apple pieces into hollowed apple.
- Slice puff pastry dough sheet into ½ inch strips using a pizza cutter and drape over the stuffed apple in a criss-cross pattern. Use the pizza cutter to trim the excess.
- Baste strips with melted Sweet Holiday Butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add ¼ inch of water to bottom of a small ramekin and insert stuffed apple.
- Place ramekin on baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until dough is flakey and golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce drizzle, or your favorite festive nuts and berries. Enjoy!
Photo credit: Tim Douglas