Baby, it’s cold outside, and what better way to warm up on a chilly day than with delicious, homemade soup? This easy recipe brings together the tanginess of fresh veggies with the savory flavor of Sergio’s Seasoning, and is sure to become a cold weather favorite.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a yummy batch for yourself:
- 1/2 of a butternut squash, sliced
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sergio’s Seasoning (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Distribute the vegetables, garlic cloves, and basil evenly onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and Sergio’s Seasoning to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Warm the vegetable broth in the microwave, then add to blender.
- Blend vegetables and broth until pureed.
- Add puree to a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in heavy cream and heat for a few minutes until warm throughout.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread and enjoy!
Photo credit: Azerbaijan Stockers