Looking for a fancy hors d’oeuvre to serve at your next gathering or dinner at home? This take on a traditional Italian appetizer is an easy and delicious way to step up your app game.
Beef Carpaccio is a raw meat delicacy that originated in 1960’s Italy and has been interpreted in many different ways since. For this recipe, @sooziethefoodie took Golden Steer’s mouthwatering Filet Mignon and topped it with lemon, parmesan, seasoned greens, and fresh chives for a savory delight. For an added Vegas flavor kick, we swapped the black pepper with Sergio’s Seasoning.
Here’s how you can recreate this version of Beef Carpaccio for your own table:
- 1 Filet mignon (we used The Showman)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh seasoned greens
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Sergio’s Seasoning, to taste
- Take the filet and cut it into slices. Be sure to cut against the grain.
- Place the filet slices between two pieces of parchment paper and use a tool of your choice to pound the meat into flattened thin sheets.
- Arrange the flattened meat on a plate and generously baste with olive oil.
- Grate lemon zest over meat, ensuring even coverage.
- Sprinkle parmesan, chives, and seasoned greens evenly over meat with a pinch of Sergio’s Seasoning.
- Add another layer of parmesan. For a more traditional take, you can add a garnish of capers and onions if desired.
- Serve with a toasted rustic bread and enjoy!
Photo credit: Rodnae Productions