The final days of summer are upon us. Savor every last drop of this fantastic season by firing up the grill and enjoying backyard meals with friends and family.
Get everything you need for delicious summer dinners in one place with our Summer Grill Box. It’s packed with premium surf and turf items—basically everything you need for a five-star barbecue experience at home:
- 2 USDA Prime 22oz Bone-in Ribeye steaks
- 2 USDA Prime 16oz New York Strip steaks
- 2 16oz Jumbo Cold Water Western Australian lobster tails
- 1 jar of Sergio’s Signature seasoning
- House-made compound butter
Pro tip: Heading to a cottage for the weekend? Our Summer Grill Box is the perfect way to make meal planning a breeze. Just pack it in a cooler in your trunk before hitting the road.
The final touch to make your grilling out of this world? Spectacular summer side dishes made with the season’s most luscious produce.
Plump tomatoes, sweet peaches, glistening watermelons, and juicy cobs of corn are just some of the excellent fruits and vegetables that are at their absolute peak right now. The best part is that they are so naturally vibrant and delicious on their own that they don’t require much preparation. In fact, many of these recipes come together in a matter of minutes.
Salsas and Salads
If you ask us, it doesn’t get any better than the pairing of juicy, grilled meat with fresh, sweet summer fruit. So no matter what kind of steak you’re preparing, a cold, refreshing fruit salsa or salad is unbeatable as a condiment or side dish.
Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa
Not one but two summer jewels are at the center of this flavor-packed salsa from Inspired Fresh Life. The corn and peaches take a spin on the grill to develop a smoky, charred flavor, then get tossed with fresh ingredients and spices. This recipe is a great one to make ahead, since it needs to chill in the fridge for two hours to develop maximum flavor.
- 3 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 2 peaches, halved and pits removed
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the grill to 400ºF. Spray the corn and onion slices lightly with avocado oil, or rub lightly with butter.
- Place the corn, peaches (cut side down), onion rounds, poblano pepper, and jalapeño peppers on the lightly greased grates. Grill for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place on a cutting board to cool before chopping. While the veggies and peaches are cooling, chop the tomatoes, and mince the cilantro. Drain and rinse the black beans. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and black beans to a large bowl.
- When the corn, peppers, onion, and peaches are cool enough to handle, slice the peppers in half lengthwise, and remove the stems, ribs, and seeds. Finely chop, and add to the bowl. Dice the peaches and onion, and add to the bowl. Last, cut the kernels off the cobs, and add the kernels to the bowl.
- Add the juice of two limes and remaining seasonings to the bowl. Stir to combine all ingredients well. Cover the bowl, and place in the fridge until fully chilled, about 2 hours.
Watermelon and Feta Salad
Our favorite version of this classic summer salad comes courtesy of Martha Stewart. Just cube up a watermelon, slice some basil chiffonade-style, crumble chunks of feta, and toss it all in a large bowl with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- 6 cups of cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl, combine watermelon, lime juice, and half the basil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients together.
- Scatter cheese and remaining basil on top before serving.
Grilled Vegetable Side Dishes
For the ultimate easy dinner on the grill, throw your veggies on the barbecue and cook them right alongside your main proteins.
Asparagus is a classic choice for summer, and our two must-have asparagus recipes both make incredible use of the grill and our house-made compound butter to create a summer side dish that’s utterly simple and absolutely unforgettable.
Asparagus Grilled in Foil Packets
- 1 pound asparagus stalks
- 8 teaspoons (or pats) Maitre d’ Butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, or preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the asparagus.
- Coat 4 large squares of foil with cooking spray.
- Divide the asparagus stalks evenly among the squares of foil.
- In each foil packet, place 2 teaspoons (or pats) of the Maitre d’ Butter.
- Fold the foil over the asparagus, and completely seal all the sides.
- Grill the packet for 15 minutes, and flip it halfway through (or bake it in the oven for 15 minutes).
- Once done, gently open the packets and stir the contents to make sure all the asparagus is coated with the Maitre d’ Butter.
- Sprinkle them with parsley before serving them, and, if you so desire, serve them with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Asparagus Directly on the Grill
- 1 pound asparagus stalks (trimmed)
- Maitre d’ Butter (about 3 pats worth)
- Preheat the grill to high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Trim the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus on the hottest section of the grill.
- Close the grill cover and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the first side is charred.
- Roll the asparagus 90 degrees.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes again, or until that side is charred.
- Roll the asparagus 90 degrees again, and proceed to let it cook for 3-4 minutes again, or until charred.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl with 3 pats of butter, and toss it to coat it. Enjoy!
Enjoy the Best of Summer Grilling
Now that you’ve got plenty of meal planning ideas, get ready to finish out the summer with your best cookouts yet. Get your Summer Grill Box while supplies last — this is a limited edition offering, and like the summer, it won’t last forever. While you’re at it, don’t forget the wine!