Our Director of Operations and resident keto-recipe enthusiast, Joyce, was inspired by Chef Michael's "Big Texas" Eggs in Purgatory dish and knew she had to try it.
She gave it her own classic spin, swapping the spices in favor of The 308 Seasoning Trio. We're hooked.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 16oz chub fresh pork sausage
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper (seeds/stems removed), diced
- 2 - 3 Jalapeños, thinly sliced (depending on desired spice level)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sergio’s Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Table 40 Seasoning
- 24oz No-sugar marinara sauce
- 4oz can Diced green chiles, drained
- 4 Eggs
- Optional toppings: Mexican crema (or sour cream), crumbled queso fresco, pickled jalapeños, avocado slices and/or fresh cilantro
- Prepare veggies before beginning cooking process.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add ground sausage. Using a spatula, cut sausage into desired pieces - larger pieces will add a nice texture.
- Cook until the sausage is browned.
- Remove the sausage from pan, leaving the grease, then add your cut onion, bell pepper and Jalapeño.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes, then add Sergio’s Seasoning and Table 40.
- Continue to cook until veggies are cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add back in the cooked sausage as well as the marinara sauce.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, then create spaces for 4 eggs using a spoon.
- Crack your eggs into the spaces you made.
- Take the entire skillet and put it in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with optional toppings. Serve family-style.