One of the best parts of a holiday feast is indulging in the delicious, buttery mashed potatoes that bring the meal together. However, they can take quite a bit of time and work to make from scratch. This recipe is an easy way to enjoy decadent mashed potatoes without the arm workout.
We upgraded basic store-bought mashed potatoes by adding the horseradish kick of our Prime Butter, coupled with savory roasted garlic and topped off with Sergio’s Seasoning and parmesan cheese.
Here’s how to transform those ordinary mashed potatoes into an over-the-top table delight:
- 1 package of heat and eat deli mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Prime Butter
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- Sergio’s Seasoning (to taste)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat bottom of baking dish with Prime Butter.
- Scoop half of mashed potatoes into dish and spread evenly.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and roasted garlic (see below for instructions).
- Add another layer of the remaining mashed potatoes and spread evenly.
- Top with more shredded parmesan cheese.
- Add a few small dollops of Prime Butter and sprinkle with Sergio’s Seasoning.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve!
How to Prepare Roasted Garlic:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice tops off of garlic heads to expose cloves and place on foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cloves are lightly browned.
Photo credit: Pro Church Media