As the colder months have arrived, so have our cravings for delectable soups to warm us up on those chilly days. This scrumptious recipe from @millennialnonna puts a Vegas spin on a dish sure to make a bleak day more enjoyable.
We're taking the savory combination of creamy bisque and juicy lobster to another level with Sergio’s Seasoning and the lemony garlic goodness of our house made Maitre d’ Butter, and this soup is sure to make mouths water.
Here’s how to make a batch for your next cozy day or small gathering at home:
- 4 lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3/4 teaspoon Sergio’s Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sherry
- 5 cups homemade lobster stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Maitre d’ Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sergio’s Seasoning
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Sergio’s Seasoning and the lobster tails. Cover with lid and let boil for 5 minutes, or until bright red.
- Remove lobster tails, reserving the liquid stock.
- When the lobsters cool slightly, cut shells and remove meat.
- Add empty lobster shells back to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat regular butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and fresh herbs. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bouillon and 1/4 teaspoon of Sergio’s Seasoning.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle in flour; cook while stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine, simmer and let reduce to half.
- Stir in lobster stock, reduce heat and gently simmer while stirring occasionally, until liquid has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Purée with an immersion blender until very smooth.
- Return to low heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Taste and adjust for salt.
- Melt Maitre d’ Butter in a skillet pan over medium heat.
- Add in chopped lobster meat, season with Sergio’s Seasoning and lightly sauté for 1 minute until lobster meat is just warmed through.
- Add to soup, reserving some for topping.
- Ladle into bowls, top with extra meat, tarragon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Will be ordering soon. Thanks for the recipe!
Leave a comment