The main attraction of most holiday dinner gatherings is a juicy, flavorful turkey. This year, you can bring the taste of the Steer to the table by seasoning your bird with our housemade butters and seasonings.
Here’s how to wow your guests with a new take on a familiar holiday tradition:
- 1 whole turkey with giblets removed
- 1 stick of regular butter
- 2 tablespoons Maitre d' Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Sergio’s Seasoning
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig of fresh sage
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Set rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 325°.
- Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Gently separate the skin with your fingers starting from the neck and working your way around the breast.
- Cut butter into tablespoon-sized pats and place at different locations under the skin, taking care not to rip the skin in the process.
- Generously rub the turkey with Sergio’s Seasoning, ensuring even coverage.
- Use a butter knife to spread several small dollops of Maitre d’ Butter onto the turkey.
- Stuff the cavity with the fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Roast for about 3 hours, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes, until the thickest part of the thigh registers an internal temperature of 165° F with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes under foil before carving.
- Garnish as desired and serve!
Photo credit: Claudio Schwarz