Italian meals rely on fresh, seasonal ingredients, flavorful spices, distinctive flavors, and palate-pleasing combinations. Pasta, of course, is a staple, as are olives, local cheeses, crusty bread, and traditional wines.
A colorful table laden with abundant food and surrounded by friends and family is the quintessential picture of an Italian feast! But you don't have to spend all day in the kitchen to impress family and friends with your culinary talent.
Sometimes, simple is best!
Sergio's Seasoning, an iconic salt and spice blend from Golden Steer, is a proprietary blend of dry spices, including celery salt, onion, garlic, turmeric, and paprika. It's the perfect complement to chicken, fish, and red meat. Combine it with our Table 40 Spice Blend to enliven fresh, seasonal vegetables for a contemporary take on Italian that is sure to please.
Here's the recipe for a simple, one-dish dinner that's as easy to prepare as it is enjoyable to consume. It will confirm your reputation as a chef "par excellence" and contribute to your status as a gourmand.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One medium boneless, skinless chicken breast or two small thighs per person.
- A variety of fresh seasonal vegetables. Pick your favorites from among:
- button mushrooms
- small fingerling potatoes
- cherry tomatoes,
- zucchini or yellow squash
- plump asparagus or fresh green beans
- sugar snap peas
- brussels sprouts
- acorn squash
- Sergio's Seasoning
- Table 40 Seasoning
- Wash the vegetables and chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Rub the chicken on all sides with olive oil, and sprinkle generously with Sergio's Seasoning. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet brushed with a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut the chosen vegetables into bite-size pieces, and toss them in a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Then add two teaspoons of Table 40 Spice Blend to coat them with spice. The tomato-based herb blend of onion, garlic, rosemary, Mexican oregano, and thyme adds the perfect punch to the fresh harvest.
- Although the chicken and vegetables can be baked together on the same sheet pan, be mindful that cooking times can vary based on the vegetables you choose. Cut dense veggies, like potatoes and cauliflower, into smaller pieces, or pop them in the oven in advance, adding other vegetables later. Give the cherry tomatoes enough time to heat through, but don't let them burst or burn.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables in a preheated 425-degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove to a large, pre-warmed serving platter, or fill individual plates to serve.
This chicken and vegetables dish is a great meal choice to serve a crowd, and leftovers can be saved to reheat later.
Serve the chicken and vegetables with a fresh green salad, or add your favorite pasta with a simple garlic butter drizzle for an authentic Mediterranean flair. Serve with warm Italian bread, offer light red wine or sparkling water, and wait for the compliments. A simple dessert of cheese and fruit with black coffee would end the meal on a high note.
Sergio's Seasoning and Table 40 Spice Blend are two of the salt and spice blends that comprise The 308, a distinctive trio of handcrafted seasonings available exclusively from Golden Steer Steak Company of Las Vegas. The third — Bowtie — is a unique lemon pepper blend with a kick, explicitly designed for seafood and vegetables.
Browse our seasonings, along with the "Best Steaks on Earth," and take the flavor to new heights in your kitchen!
I thought I used to season my steaks pretty good until I got the Sergio seasonings what an incredible difference it makes, it’s a great combination of seasonings to make your food taste really great thank you.
Leave a comment