For all of you Saint Patrick’s Day lovers, here is a superb Saint Patty’s Day salad that will deliver the fresh flavors of spring straight to your taste buds.
From the Taste of Home, it’s a simple and quick green side to add to any Saint Patty’s celebration, and it’s patriotic because it includes the colors of the national flag of Ireland (green spinach, orange fruit, and white cheese).
Easy to make and easy on the eye, it will give your next dinner party spread that gorgeous spring pop.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium pears
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice the pears.
- Peel and section the oranges.
- Chop the pistachios (if not already).
- Whisk the ingredients together.
See video (link)
Divide the spinach among the four plates, and create a colorful and popping presentation by topping them with the pears, oranges, cheese, and pistachios. Drizzle that dressing over these dazzling salads, and be sure to serve them immediately.
Photo credit: Fallon Michael