Our graphic designer and photographer, Mariana, loves to make homemade focaccia on the weekends. Her secret ingredient? Using Sergio's Seasoning as a finisher. See below for the full recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- Sergio's Seasoning
- Optional: Vegetables such as tomatoes or onions
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Proof the yeast. In a mixing bowl, add warm water and sugar. Mix together and add yeast, stirring slowly. Let the mix sit for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and 2 tsp of salt. Mix the dough for five minutes until it forms a ball. If the dough sticks, add 1/4 cup additional flour.
- Grease a clean bowl and add your ball of dough. Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm location. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from bowl and roll out on a floured surface. Cover dough again with damp towel and let rise for 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer dough to baking sheet or pan and dimple with your fingers. Drizzle with olive oil and add your herbs, Sergio's Seasoning, and vegetables (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with additional olive oil and Sergio's.