Pancakes are a classic American breakfast staple for kicking off a weekend. In this recipe inspired by @socialsami, we’re taking these cakes to a new level by bringing in the Steakhouse Bananas Foster-inspired flavors of our Flambé Butter for a decadent treat.
Finish off the cakes with your favorite toppings, or for the ultimate finale, top with caramelized bananas for the full experience!
Here’s how to create this special breakfast treat for yourself:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Flambé Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, heated
- Caramelized bananas (optional)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Gradually add in dry ingredients.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat with a pat of Flambé butter.
- Scoop batter into pan and cook until bubbles appear, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with more Flambé butter, syrup, and for a decadent finish, caramelized bananas.
Photo credit: Kelsey Curtis