Embark upon an adventure in the kitchen this weekend and treat your taste buds to filet mignon with a delectable chimichurri sauce, filled with an array of fresh flavors and zing.
Originating in Argentina, chimichurri can be used as both a marinade and a sauce for steaks, other meats, and pasta.
This sauce is an enticing blend of ingredients that includes parsley, cilantro, garlic, and red chili. A drizzle of this over your USDA Prime steaks will leave you longing for more.
Use this recipe to create a marvelous meal for your friends or an unforgettable date night with that special someone, leaving your guests impressed and eagerly awaiting your next culinary creation.
- 2 (5-8 ounces) USDA Prime filet mignons (we recommend The Showman)
- Sergio's Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (rice vinegar or white vinegar can also be substituted)
- 1 bunch of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley (or 1 cup packed uncut parsley, or 1/2 cup chopped parsley)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dry oregano can be substituted)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 red chili (or 1-2 teaspoons dry red chili flakes can be substituted. Amount depends on spice level you prefer)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sergio's Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pat them dry with a towel.
- Coat the top and bottom of the filets with Sergio's Seasoning. Season generously!
- Heat olive oil on a stainless steel pan or cast iron over medium high heat.
- Add the filets to the pan when oil begins to smoke.
- Do not move them. Let them sear for 3 minutes.
- Flip them, letting them sear for 2.5 minutes. Do not move them.
- Place the pan inside the oven for 7 minutes (For medium rare. Plus or minus a minute depending on thickness).
- Pull them out and let them sit for 7 minutes.
- Twist off the bottom halves of parsley stems and discard stems (or use packed uncut parsley, or chopped parsley). Don't stress about the stems. You can use them if you’d like.
- Do the same to the cilantro.
- Finely chop all ingredients and add them to the bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
Serve each USDA Prime filet mignon under a generous scoop of chimichurri, and enjoy as this delicious meal melts in your mouth.
In partnership with the Las Vegas Review Journal, we hosted a recipe contest across Vegas for the best steak recipes. Check out this recipe that was submitted in the contest.
Leave a comment