A mother's recipes are important for many reasons. They not only provide us with nourishment, but they also connect us to our family heritage and memories. Many of us have fond memories of cooking with our mothers, learning new recipes, and sharing meals together. A mother's recipes can also be a source of comfort and bring us back to our childhood.
In this simple yet flavorful family recipe shared for this Mother’s Day by @socialsami, a favorite summer salad is elevated with an extra kick thanks to our Sergio’s Seasoning and lemon pepper Bowtie Seasoning. Enjoy this tangy salad at your Mother’s Day barbecue, or any time you want to bring some serious flavor to your next gathering.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a bowl for your next get together:
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sliced scallions (white part only)
- Sergio’s Seasoning (to taste)
- Bowtie Seasoning (to taste)
- Chop avocado and papaya into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the dressing ingredients and combine well.
- Let the dressing sit for about 5 minutes, then pour over the salad.
- Toss gently, then serve.