Chicken cutlet sandwiches are perfect for lunch or dinner, and they're easy to make at home. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of know-how, you can create a restaurant-quality sandwich that's sure to hit the spot every time.
What makes the perfect chicken cutlet is the breading, and for this recipe, we were inspired by @millennialnonna's Vegas spin using our lemon pepper Bowtie Seasoning Blend.
For an extra flavor kick, we added some grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture, as well as some options for a different flavor finish.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your new favorite chicken sandwich at home:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, halved into cutlets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Bowtie Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (to taste)
- Fresh arugula or other greens
- Cherry tomatoes (to taste)
- Balsamic vinaigrette (optional)
- 4 slices of rustic bread
- Take each chicken breast and place it between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Bowtie Seasoning together on a plate.
- Dip or baste each chicken breast in the egg, covering evenly.
- Use tongs to dip each chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down to help the breadcrumbs adhere evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Sauté the cutlets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy, with an internal temperature of 165° F.
- While the chicken is cooking, toast rustic bread slices of your choice.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to taste on each slice of bread. Add the cooked cutlets and top with fresh mozzarella slices, arugula or greens, and sliced tomatoes.
- Optional – for a different flavor, top the sandwich contents with Balsamic vinaigrette and honey instead of the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a comment